8/26/2009

summer pie

This is an idea that combines a recipe from the Baby Cakes cookbook with my own creation. Her idea was to make a cake crumb pie crust, which I am in love with.

Pie Crust:
6-7 cupcakes, crumbled
1-2 T oil
1-2 T agave nectar or honey
pinch salt

Mix enough oil and honey into the crumbs to make the cupcakes just workable. Mix in the salt and press into the bottom and up the sides of a greased deep pie dish.

Let a quart of lemon sorbet get pretty melty--stirrable, but not liquidy. Spread it into the crust and freeze. Make a recipe of the Better Homes and Gardens' strawberry sauce. Allow it to cool in the in the fridge, and when the sorbet is completely frozen, pour the sauce on top and get it smooth and even. Freeze again. You can dip the bottom in hot water, or set it out and let it defrost for a few minutes before cutting. It is rich, so I make 10-12 slices.


I don't have my red plaid cookbook in front of me, but I'll post the strawberry sauce recipe soon. =) Although, come to think of it, you can just cook a couple of cups of strawberries with enough sugar to please you, and a tsp or so o cornstarch until it bubbles nicely for a few minutes. Or use whatever strawberry sauce recipe you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of course, I reserve the right to delete and/or mock mercilessly any meanness or stupidity. I'd rather you participate in a constructive way!