2/13/2012

ginger carrots

I have a hard time getting my kid and husband to eat veggies, especially carrots.  Both of them groaned this evening when I told them I was serving carrots.  Both of them were quite wowed--my husband even went back for seconds!  These were tasty!

1 lb bag frozen carrots
1/4-1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4-1/2 tsp salt
shake of pepper
1 T soy sauce (or soy sauce substitute)
1 T oil
2-3 T honey

Cook and drain your carrots to the doneness you prefer.  Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.  The sauce should taste slightly sweet, slightly salty/buttery and just a touch gingery. 

GK's notes:  I use canola oil, because it's pretty much the only surely safe oil for us.  Use what you like/can use, but I would make sure and use something with a very mild flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of course, I reserve the right to delete and/or mock mercilessly any meanness or stupidity. I'd rather you participate in a constructive way!