1/19/2012

barbecue sauce

I got the original recipe from the internet, but I've altered it, both for flavor and to make it safe for my family.  When I made my husband taste it, he said in a very shocked tone of voice "You MADE this?!?"
I must admit that that was very gratifying.  He's a barbecue snob, so, you know.  *smug*

Makes 1.5 cups

Ingredients:


    2 cups water
    3/4 cup simple syrup
    1/2 cup tomato paste
    1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
    3 teaspoons molasses
    3 teaspoons brown sugar
    1 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1/8 teaspoon paprika
    1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon turmeric
    1/2 teaspoon coriander
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
1 tablespoon water

Directions:

    1  Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat and whisk until smooth.
    2  Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes or until thick, STIRRING OFTEN.
2.5  Combine starch and water, add to pot.  Cook a few more minutes.
    3  Remove from heat and bring to room temp, place in a sterile jar with a lid and let stand overnight in the fridge before using.
    4  Will keep up to 1 month.



Those are the directions from the recipe I found.  I only just made it, so I don't know if it will really keep for a whole month.  We shall see, right?  Oh, and I didn't stir the whole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of course, I reserve the right to delete and/or mock mercilessly any meanness or stupidity. I'd rather you participate in a constructive way!