8/09/2011

Wonderbun

1 lg egg or 1/4 c applesauce
1 T oil
1 tsp water (leave out if you use applesauce instead of egg)
1/4 c gluten-free flour (I like Bob's Red Mill)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar (less, if you use applesauce)
1/2 tsp cocoa or cinnamon
pinch salt

Whisk egg if using.  Combine all ingredients in a small straight-sided bowl or wide 20 oz cup or jar.
Microwave 80-90 seconds, at 100% or down to 80% depending on the strength of your microwave.  Turn onto wire rack to cool--it will be VERY moist when it first comes out, but when it cools, it'll be right.
You can use the top of a butter dish for a hot dog bun (said my source, but I've never tried it)
I am a big fan of the cinnamon with the applesauce--makes it like an apple muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Of course, I reserve the right to delete and/or mock mercilessly any meanness or stupidity. I'd rather you participate in a constructive way!